A must for every sailor serious about performance! The 'Regular' shape is ideal for freestyle, wave and small slalom/speed boards. (Also available in Contour Extra Wide for wider boards and more outboard stance.) These ultra light-weight straps save up to 450 grams compared to 4 normal straps when wet. Strong, stiff and comfortable thanks to 3-ply EVA foam with internal webbing reinforcement (enhanced for 2016) that handles full power and control out on the rails while delivering secure fitting for heavier riders and harder use. To prevent tears, do not use metal inserts - only plastic anti-twist footstrap washers. (Watch video clip for fitting instructions.)
Pros & Cons
- The lightest possible footstrap solution
- Internal webbing layer will avoid the footstrap from stretching
- When looking for maximum amount of leverage consider the contour version
- Cobra footstrap washers are mandatory to avoid wear and tear
- Not possible to adjust width without undoing footstrap screws
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- Can I use Unifiber EVA Foam Footstraps for Wave and Freestyling Sailing?
- Yes you can - these are not just for slalom or speed-sailing use. Unifiber's internal webbing reinforcement is tested and approved for dynamic wave and slalom riding. The 'Regular' Extra-Wide strap is suitable for all types of windsurfing with longer, stronger internal webbing reinforcement from 2016 onwards. The 'Contour' Extra-Wide Shape is also improved from 2016 and is actually even stronger due to the added width of internal webbing used. The Contour style is particularly suited to wider board shapes and for those seeking a more outboard stance such as performance slalom sailors, although some riders - perhaps freestylers - will prefer this shape too for inboard positioning due to the extra contact area it offers the foot.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.