The Essentials Monocoque Tapered boom body has reduced diameter tubing where your hands contact the boom. 26mm tubing in the harness line and grip area allows for comfortable, energy-efficient hand positioning. Matches well with a hard-working wave, freeride and slalom-racing sails.
Go for T8 alloy monocoque construction to enjoy reduced play and improved durability. Essentials Boom Bodies have a modern outline with a slightly wider tail, ideal for all types of sailing.
Be part of the future! Enjoy light weight and absolute performance. Benefit from "Configure Me" modular options to combine, renew and upgrade components as required.
Pros & Cons
- Monocoque solution enhances stiffness and durability
- Comfortable tapered (slimmer) grip area
- High density EVA grip sections on the front arch for maximum abrasion resistence
- Slightly wider tails avoids sail profile distortion when using modern sails
- Only compatitible with Unifiber Modular "Configure Me" RDM & SDM Compatible High Performance Boom Head
Windsurf Boom Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- How do Unifiber measure boom diameter thickness?
- Unifiber measure their quoted tube diameter – not including the EVA grip - in the centre of the harness line area. This is because the grip thickness can vary over time and also because some models feature a tapering of thickness over the boom length.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Can I use a boom fully extended?
- Yes, both Unifiber aluminium and carbon booms can be fully extended. In both construction options there is no increased risk of breaking the boom as well the booms stiffness will remain at an acceptable level.
- Are the Performance Bolts required for a proper perfomance of the Unifiber boom head?
- No. The Performance Bolts were developed with the professional windsurfers in mind, who seek the maximum possible stiffness. Even without the Performance Bolts, the Unifiber boom head will match or exceed the performance of any other boom head on the market. The Performance Bolts 'upgrade' the stiffness of the boom head by approx. 10%. But this is a matter of personal taste. Some surfers prefer to sail without the Performance Bolts, to make the ride a little bit softer.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.