These rugged, Heavy Duty reinforced aluminium models have increased tube wall thickness and offer superb price-to-quality value. The 140-190cm and 160-210cm sizes have 26mm Reduced Diameter Grip and regular tail width. The 180-230cm and 200-250cm sizes have 29mm Standard Diameter Grip and wide tail to accommodate deeper sail profiles. Features include C-shape, integrated RDM mast adapter with extended contact area to reduce mast wear, slick double-pin adjustment, and high quality forged nylon for the head and tail sections. With precision-engineered bend curves for maximum deflection resistance, these aluminium boom models come close to matching ultimate-spec carbon booms.
Pros & Cons
- Very durable boom due to to use of thicker aluminum wall
- Quality boom head
- Large sizes 180cm+ have wide boom tail accomodating well sails with deep profiles
- Pin locker clips initially stiff, but free up with use
- On average, weightier than other booms
Windsurf Boom Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- How do Unifiber measure boom diameter thickness?
- Unifiber measure their quoted tube diameter – not including the EVA grip - in the centre of the harness line area. This is because the grip thickness can vary over time and also because some models feature a tapering of thickness over the boom length.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Can I use a boom fully extended?
- Yes, both Unifiber aluminium and carbon booms can be fully extended. In both construction options there is no increased risk of breaking the boom as well the booms stiffness will remain at an acceptable level.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.