We teamed-up with ‘Mr. Weed-Slasher’ - Wolfgang Lessacher - and created a lethal anti-weed line for spots infested with the evil green. The stiff, 'asymmetrical' profile’s a true power house, giving ideal lift characteristics for maximum speed and enjoyment. This latest version has the leading edge moved slightly forward for even better performance of this already very successful range of Anti-Weed fins. Important: choose this fin 8-10 cm. shorter than you’d normally use and, for the best performance, use the 3M self adhesive EVA foam strip supplied to cover the potential gap between the board and the fin. Choose between tough and affordable vinylester construction or the rigid G10 version that has two layers of carbon in the body and head for a notable performance improvement, especially in the longer sizes.
Pros & Cons
- Similar feeling as normal fin
- Ideal for shallow waters
- Fin points out a little outside of box, when removing the fin tilt backwards to prevent punturing the board
- A bit more drag than normal fin reducing top end performance slightly
Windsurf Fin Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- Why is the Anti Weed Lessacher FWD heavier in G10/Carbon construction heavier than the normal Anti Weed Lessacher FWD constrcution?
- As G10 is a much denser material than vinylester the G10/Carbon construction is heavier than the standard construction Anti Weed Lessacher FWD. The G10/Carbon construction is superior in terms of stiffness something what is a big advantage for this type of fin's as flex and twist should be blocked.
- My tuttle box fin does not fit well in my board. It is too lose or too tight, what can I do about it?
- The universal fin box width for tuttle box and deep tuttle box should be 16mm. We have done extensive research around the year 2014 finding out the the average width which is accomodated by the board which are by the way mostly manufactured by Cobra International - Thailand is 15,83mm. This said we have come accross boardbrands touching ranging from 15,3 till 16,1mm width!! Ever since we are producing tuttle and deep tuttle boxes based on this average figure to maximize the probability of fitting the fin well in any type of board regardless the boardbrand. When you suffer from a (deep) tuttle fin which is too lose it is most likely the board fin box is wider then the average of 15,83mm. This can cause the fin to be "sucked in" the board a little when tighting screws. When this happens there is not a large disadvantage in terms of spin-out sensitivity simply because the space will be filled by water which can not escape so a water on water film. When you suffer from a (deep) tuttle fin which is too tight it is most likely the board fin box is thinner then the average of 15,83mm. You might want to sand off the side flanks of the (deep) tuttle box fin to make it fit. Make sure to sand off equal sides. Last but not least please take in consideration the psychological factor: board (+/- EUR 2.000 retail value ) against fin (+/- EUR 150 retail value) it is tentative to look at flaws of the fin because it the retail value is much lower while from experience it is 9 out 10 situations it is the board box width not in tolerance.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.