The HD (Heavy Duty) 70% pre-preg carbon lay-up gives a superb performance balance between stiffness, durability and price.
Benefit from the advantages of our modular boom system. The modular boom head fits all "Configure Me" Boom Bodies. Swapping the boom head is effortless and takes seconds - no tools required. For example: with 1 boom head, 3 boom bodies and 1 tail you have 3 high-performance booms of different sizes. This makes the most of your available budget, storage space, baggage allowance.
Be part of the future! Benefit from "Configure Me" modular options to combine, renew and upgrade components as required.
Pros & Cons
- HD (Heavy Duty) 70% pre-preg carbon lay-up
- High stiffness results in a superb feedback
- Ergonomic oval-shaped grip
- High density EVA grip on the front arch for maximum abrasion resistance
- Only compatible with Unifiber Modular Boom Head
- Has slightly more weight compared to Elite series
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- How do Unifiber measure boom diameter thickness?
- Unifiber measure their quoted tube diameter – not including the EVA grip - in the centre of the harness line area. This is because the grip thickness can vary over time and also because some models feature a tapering of thickness over the boom length.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Can I use a boom fully extended?
- Yes, both Unifiber aluminium and carbon booms can be fully extended. In both construction options there is no increased risk of breaking the boom as well the booms stiffness will remain at an acceptable level.
- How tight should I screw on the performance bolts?
- In most cases, the perfect tension is when the spacers just touch the boomhead's plastic on both sides. Taking into account manufacturing tolerances, this rule might not always work. Tighten the bolts firmly, but don't overdo it. When you notice any deformation of the plastic around the screw holes, don't tighten any further. Too loose and you might lose the nut while sailing. Too tight and you might damage the boomhead.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.