These rugged, Heavy-Duty reinforced aluminium models have an increased tube wall thickness for superior stiffness and durability.
The 140 and 160 sizes - with a 27mm diameter grip sections and standard modern tail widths - are designed for higher-level freeride, bump & jump, and wave sailors. The 180 and 200 sizes utilize wide tails to accommodate deeper sail profiles, 29mm diameter grip sections, and extra-oversized tail sections for maximum stiffness and durability.
The boom arm curves are precision-engineered for maximum deflection resistance coming close to matching ultimate-spec carbon booms. All HD booms feature anodized tails that provide better corrosion resistance.
Features the all-new "Configure Me" Modular Boom Head.
Benefit from the advantages of a modular boom system. The modular boom head fits all "Configure Me" Boom Bodies. Swapping the boom head is effortless and takes seconds - no tools required. For example: with 1 boom head, 2 boom bodies and 1 tail you have 2 high-performance booms of different sizes. This makes the most of your available budget, storage space, baggage allowance.
Be part of the future! Enjoy light weight and absolute performance. Benefit from "Configure Me" modular options to combine, renew and upgrade components as required.
Pros & Cons
- Modular "Configure Me" RDM & SDM Compatible High Performance Boom Head
- HD means Heavy Duty due to extra wall thickness of the aluminium boom body adding stiffness and durability
- High density EVA grip on the front arch for maximum abrasion resistence
- Slightly wider tails for sizes 140 and 160 and considerably wider tails for 180 and 200 sizes. Avoids sail profile distortion when using modern sails.
- Anodized tail for less corrosion and more durability
- Performance bolts included
- On average heavier than other aluminium booms
Windsurf Boom Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- How do Unifiber measure boom diameter thickness?
- Unifiber measure their quoted tube diameter – not including the EVA grip - in the centre of the harness line area. This is because the grip thickness can vary over time and also because some models feature a tapering of thickness over the boom length.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Can I use a boom fully extended?
- Yes, both Unifiber aluminium and carbon booms can be fully extended. In both construction options there is no increased risk of breaking the boom as well the booms stiffness will remain at an acceptable level.
- Are the Performance Bolts required for a proper perfomance of the Unifiber boom head?
- No. The Performance Bolts were developed with the professional windsurfers in mind, who seek the maximum possible stiffness. Even without the Performance Bolts, the Unifiber boom head will match or exceed the performance of any other boom head on the market. The Performance Bolts 'upgrade' the stiffness of the boom head by approx. 10%. But this is a matter of personal taste. Some surfers prefer to sail without the Performance Bolts, to make the ride a little bit softer.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.