Elite series are light, stiff, high-performance booms targeted at professional users. Custom manufactured from the highest grade pre-preg carbon.
The extra-wide outside tail is designed to fit modern race sails without distorting the sail profile.
The boom tail can be configured with the pulleys and an outhaul kit of your choice. Enjoy effortless trimming!
Be part of the future! Absolute performance and minimal weight. Benefit from "Configure Me" modular options to combine, renew and upgrade components as required.
Pros & Cons
- Very high stiffness to avoid sail distortion under load
- Outside diameter solution provides very light weight and low swing weight
- Compatible with adjustable outhaul systems
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- How do Unifiber measure boom diameter thickness?
- Unifiber measure their quoted tube diameter – not including the EVA grip - in the centre of the harness line area. This is because the grip thickness can vary over time and also because some models feature a tapering of thickness over the boom length.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Can I use a boom fully extended?
- Yes, both Unifiber aluminium and carbon booms can be fully extended. In both construction options there is no increased risk of breaking the boom as well the booms stiffness will remain at an acceptable level.
- How tight should I screw on the performance bolts?
- In most cases, the perfect tension is when the spacers just touch the boomhead's plastic on both sides. Taking into account manufacturing tolerances, this rule might not always work. Tighten the bolts firmly, but don't overdo it. When you notice any deformation of the plastic around the screw holes, don't tighten any further. Too loose and you might lose the nut while sailing. Too tight and you might damage the boomhead.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.