Our most popular model and the hottest choice for high-end wave and racing sails. Delivers the finest reaction and power control, with premium resistance to impact and knocks. For serious windsurfers this is the wisest choice for a light weight, high performance, and durable mast.
Pros & Cons
- C100 for maximum reflex responsiveness
- Light weight: reduced swing weight and more control
- Additional outer compression layer for greater strength
- Mastbag is not included - but is available as a separate option
To choose the correct mast for your sail
Windsurf Mast Specifications
Looking for a specific product specification?
Check out an extensive overview of all the available specifications.
- Which masts do you measure for the data of the Mast selector Matrix Tool?
- Mostly we take multiple C100 masts as the reference of various brands, in general those represent the most accurate bend curve of the sails. This is because sail brands design the sails to perform best on those C100 masts. We also found quite big differences in tolerances regarding production with all brands. Fluctuations of bend curves and stiffness from +/- 1-2 points (bend curve) which proves that none of the brands are 100% consistent. So we measure several masts per brand and take the average of those measurements into account when constructing the Mast Selector Matrix Tool.
- Why are Unifiber mast's top and bottom pieces different lengths?
- We produce the masts on existing mandrels, with integrated ferrules, based on the principle of optimum load distribution, regardless of section length. If we invested in new mandrels - and even matched the current consistency and performance we deliver - then the higher cost of production would impact on the price-to-quality ratio we could offer our customers. If your quiver bag does not fit the longer section, please consider a Unifiber quiver bag that will take the longer bottom piece of masts up to 490.
- Can I interchange top and bottom mast pieces of Unifiber masts - for example a 430 bottom with a 400 top?
- Because of the integrated ferrule system we use, each top and base match a pre-defined conical shape determined by the optimum load distribution for that model. In production the top is made to fit precisely on the base of the relevant model. Different bend curves alos have different wall thickness as well as varying geometric shapes, so it's technically not possible or advisable to exchange base and top parts.
- What is the internal diameter of Unifiber's RDM masts?
- Unifiber RDM masts have a 33-mm. internal diameter up to 600 mm. from the base, tapering to 32mm above 600mm.
- How far into a Unifiber RDM mast doest the internal diameter stay the same width?
- Unifiber RDM masts stay at a constant 33 mm. internal width up to 600 mm. into the base section. Beyond 600 mm. the internal width tapers to 32 mm.
- What's the minimum overlap required for a mast extension inside a Unifiber mast?
- Unifiber recommends a minimum of 100 mm. of mast extension to overlap the inside of the mast to prevent stress load damaging the base of the mast.
- What levels of breaking strain can a Unifiber mast take?
- In testing Unifiber masts can endure stress of up to 180 kg.
- What does 1 Year Unconditional + 1 Year Conditional warranty cover?
- Warranty is valid 2 years after date of purchase. When making a warranty claim in the first year the product is unconditionally warranted. When making a warranty claim in the 2nd year the product must have clearly suffered from a manufacturer error.
- Why are high specification masts not standard supplied with a mastbag?
- According to industry standards at least C80 and C100 masts are supplied including a mastbag. At Unifiber we choose not to for 2 reasons. The 1st reason is that we aim to offer our product for the best price to quality ratio and for example if you have for instance an existing mastbag or equipment bag a mastbag is not neccessary. The 2nd reason is that we have rental centers as customers who are not in the need of mastbags.
Questions about this product?
Get in touch if you have any questions. We'll be glad to help.
In order to deal with warranties straightforward we need to ask you to submit the following information.